Amazon is seeking experienced professionals interested in infusing customer obsession into the way products are bought, sold, and distributed on a global scale. Qualified candidates will bring their technical expertise and have the ability to directly impact the building of new tools, services, and distribution structures across Amazon's growing footprint. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets.
Are you seeking an environment where you can apply state-of-the-art in computer science and advanced mathematical modeling to solve problems in a real world setting that can directly impact millions of people? Are you up to the task of delivering innovative technology that manages a supply chain of millions of unique products involving hundreds of thousands of suppliers and tens of millions of customers around the world? And do all this in real-time?
Amazon's Global Sourcing & Procurement team is looking for Software Engineers and Developers to build Amazon's next generation of inventory planning platforms. We build scalable automated platforms that determine the economically optimal sourcing plan for millions of unique SKU sold on Amazon worldwide. This puts us at the nexus of retail business, suppliers, operations, logistics, and capacity planning. Our software is used by every country Amazon services, and is a critical link to ensuring the products our customers want are available when they need them.
Amazon is looking for passionate, talented and innovative Software Engineers who love solving hard problems and can deliver high-performance, high-availability and extremely scalable systems. Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love working as a team and proactively take the lead whenever necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software solutions to manage world-wide inventory in Amazon's real-time systems by successfully partnering with fulfillment, IT, retail, and finance teams to provide the highest possible customer selection and availability at the best possible price.
We are a key part of Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncwsr1Of6Cw&feature=youtu.be
• Be very hands-on; work with the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, code reviews, and implementation.
• Be able to work with a minimal technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
• Work with engineering teams to design and optimize a wide variety of development projects using a variety of development tools and practices. In addition, the role involves developing shared components and tools, analyzing the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices as well as training and mentoring other engineers.
• Experience with, front-end and back-end development, customer focus, knowledge of , experience working with databases, and excellent communication skills.
• You must be a fast, efficient coder and make coding and design decision with multiple simultaneous dimensions in mind.
• If you are the kind of person who naturally creates new opportunities and drives projects to completion, sometimes across several functions and groups, you should apply now.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us