This role will require relocation to Germany.
The Amazon Fire TV team delivers the experience on Amazon's market-leading media devices, including the Fire TV Sticks, Cubes and TVs. We are dedicated to creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. We leverage cutting-edge technology, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services to bring new entertainment experiences to our customers.
We are looking for talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume services that tens of millions of customers love and depend on to watch their TV. Help us build ecosystem of services that power Fire TV's core usecase - what content to consume.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day, by people you know. The role is inherently cross-functional, you will work closely with PMs and other Amazon teams (including other Fire TV and Alexa teams) to deliver key initiatives. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on every aspect of customer experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years delivering production code in an object-oriented language such as Java, C/C++, Python, Objective-C, or C#.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrable ability to drive operational excellence and best practices.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers.