Software Development Engineer - Gameplay
At Amazon, our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, that redefine the boundaries of player experience and that change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us, and you'll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, Bioshock and Sunset Overdrive. We believe in a future of immersive, highly engaging game experiences that will collectively cut across age, gender, and nationality. You share our belief and are among the top few technical elite in the world. Amazon Game Studios is looking to take risks and invent! We want people that are driven to make the best games in the industry.
You are a veteran gameplay engineer with a strong background of building varies gameplay system for large game titles. Your contributions have been a critical component of the success of your past projects. You enjoy iterating with artists and game designers to break down technology barriers and deliver experiences that consistently wow customers. You are a natural problem solver with a passion for games.
- Be a technical leader on various game play systems.
- Work directly with game designers, animators, and other engineers to deliver state-of-the-art game play features.
- Maintain a strong collaborative work relationship with other engineers, artists, and designers.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Relentlessly pursue great user experience across all aspects of the product.
- 3+ years of professional game development experience on medium to large sized teams with at least 1 shipped title.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in C++.
- Experience in the development of various game play systems and technologies.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience.
- Experience with multiplayer game development.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with designers, artists, testers, and other engineers.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent study in the related field.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top