Interested in machine learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine learning? Amazon SageMaker (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/), Amazon Web Service's (AWS) fully managed Machine Learning (ML) platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and developers in their machine learning endeavors. SageMaker takes away the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that developers and scientists can focus on solving the business problem at hand.
We are looking for software development engineers who take pride in tackling hardest challenges, excel at working in an agile environment, and are excited about our mission. You will work in a diverse team to build out the foundational technology for a next-generation ML workflow and CI/CD platform. Your work will enable customers to build and run entire ML pipelines on Amazon SageMaker in a fully-managed, highly scalable and highly available manner. You will design, implement, test, operate, and support cross-cutting services of this new product. With the goal of providing a world-class user experience, our product offers a full stack of web-based IDE (SageMaker Studio, https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/studio/), APIs, backend distributed systems, and open source libraries that make it easier to build machine learning on SageMaker.
At SageMaker, there are immense learning as well as growth opportunities. This is a great team to come to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical tradeoffs
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building and operating mission critical, highly available (24x7) systems
• Experience with machine learning, data mining, and/or deep learning frameworks is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.