Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
Come join a creative team of engineers dedicated to building hub of Customer Obsession at Amazon. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands it is part of our company DNA.
Amazon.com is broadly recognized as #1 in Customer Service in the US and abroad. This is because we drive innovation and customer obsession into the technology to support and enhance our Customer Service Operations network through our CRM, secure operating system, and various client applications. We focus on robust architecture, world class UX, and leverage our Big Data to drive insights and solutions through a myriad of Machine Learning applications.
Our team is at the center of bringing this amazing Customer Service experience to Amazon retail customers. We own the framework that all retail business builds their customer service experiences on. Our systems are used by thousands of CSAs to help over a million customers every day!
As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will take ownership over the software design, documentation, development, engineering approach, delivery and support of services we build. In this role you will collaborate with leaders, work backwards from customers, identify problems, propose innovative solutions, relentlessly raise standards, to enable our CSA's to have a positive impact on hundreds of millions of customers. You will be working with a team of engineers to define the next generation of Amazon Customer Service in partnership with Amazon Web Services technology teams. You will be building exciting features and new services to enable our CSA's to transition smoothly to our new framework at scale.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Master's Degree or Ph.D in Computer Science or related field
- Possess a mastery of areas in Accessibility, System Design and API development, Secure isolation of web applications, Micro-service architectures
- Candidate has good written and oral communication skills, is a fast learner, and has the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.