Software Development Engineer (Full stack)
- San Luis Obispo, CA
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutionsincluding sponsored, display, video, and custom adsleverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Global Advertising Partner Development team helps suppliers, agencies, marketers, authors, content creators, designers, non-endemic advertisers and developers to scale their use of Amazon Advertising and grow their business by surfacing a diverse selection of products to millions of worldwide Amazon customers. We do this via software tools and marketing/engagement programs that enable developers (internal and external) and partners (agencies and tool providers) to better serve advertiser needs.
As a full stack software development engineer in the Advertising Partner Network you will be joining a full stack team with end to end ownership of designing, building and scaling new products and applications for advertisers, advertising partners and internal stakeholders. Our team owns a suite of applications that enable advertisers to find the right partners, as well as for partners to manage and grow their business with Amazon.
This is a relatively new team building a new product from the ground up using the latest in serverless AWS technologies
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes
• 5+ years of industry experience in software development
• Experience with AWS services like Lambda (we use TypeScript/NodeJS), S3, SNS, SQS, Step Functions and DynamoDB.
• Experience with front end JS frameworks (we use ReactJS)
• Experience in API-first and service-oriented software development
• Experience shipping successful large-scale projects in an Agile environment
• The ability to define system architecture and explore the feasibility of various designs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top