The Customer Service Call Center Management team is looking to hire Software Development Engineers building and scaling systems for one of the world's largest customer service networks. You will own and evolve software that connects our Associates with Customers world-wide, ensuring we deliver the highest quality and reliable contact experience for truly innovative Customer Service. This is a high visibility role where you will have opportunity to influence and shape the way Amazon Customers engage with different customer service systems.
The Call Center Management team is responsible for building technologies enabling Customer Service to handle and route customer contacts worldwide. We are building world's largest and most relaible call center management service to provide the best customer service experience.
In this role, you will:
• Design systems and solutions that enable business users to operate more effectively, intelligently,and efficiently
• Work with both engineers and technical product/program managers to define, build, and measure the mechanisms CS relies on to provide our customers the support they need
• Define and implement solutions to improve Capacity Planning data, analytics, visualization, reporting, and insights offerings
• Leverage strong communication skills and a passion for using data and software to drive business decisions at scale
• Lead architectural and solution design discussions, ensuring our infrastructure is performant, fault tolerant, and truly world class
• Mentor and coach junior team members on implementation best practices, systems design, and problem solving
Join us today, and become a member of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
* Experience with AWS and/or other cloud technologies
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Demonstrated ability to efficiently troubleshoot large and complex backend systems
Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
* Experience in communicating with users, partner teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.