The Customer Service Call Center Management team is looking to hire Software Development Engineers building and scaling systems for one of the world's largest customer service networks. You will own and evolve software that connects our Associates with Customers world-wide, ensuring we deliver the highest quality and reliable contact experience for world-class Customer Service. This is a high visibility role where you will have opportunity to influence and shape the way Amazon Customers engage with different customer service systems.
The Call Center Management team is responsible for building technologies enabling Customer Service to handle and route customer contacts worldwide. As a developer on our team, you'll own code end-to-end from design to development, and work closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. In this role, you will actively participate in design reviews, operational reviews, architecture discussions, team planning and ticket/metric reviews.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and be able to cut through ambiguity and set priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level critical initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be able to lead a team at scale. You will partner with product management, operations, and other technical teams internally and externally across Amazon to achieve your goals and initiatives.
Join us today, and become a member of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Experience with both backend and front end development (full stack engineering).
• Experience with AWS technologies.
• Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
• Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell Script languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .