We are the Amazon CoreOS team, with the vision of enabling low-power complex algorithms with general software frameworks. We build and manage the DSP frameworks that will be used to create, connect and secure the next generation of innovative hardware accelerated devices.
Amazon devices consist of everything from tablets and TVs to light bulbs and hearables. Edge based processing and machine learning inference are more and more prevalent. So creating efficient scalable ways to support these algorithms is becoming required.
We are looking for a creative and passionate software engineer especially one who enjoys wearing many hats to tie together devices, embedded software and hardware accelerators into an end to end solution. If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when embedding technology into physical things from smart homes, wearables, and more, we have the right role for you.
• Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
• Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
• Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative
• Are passionate about technology and seeing how it can shape the physical world around us
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
• Are excited about the incredible opportunity represented by edge processing in embedded devices
• Take ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience as a embedded engineer
• 3+ years of experience in coding in C/C++
• Experience in one or more of these areas: audio, cameras, sensors and integrating the associated algorithms
• Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging preferably on ARM based platforms
• Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with RTOS and embedded Linux development
• Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of embedded systems
• Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
• Experience with ARM based SOC architecture
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Can mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical co-workers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.