Software Development Engineer - FireTV
- Seattle, WA
Join a nascent team of builders and innovators that think outside the box. A team that uses Kanban to get process out of the way of development. That leverages AWS technologies to its fullest without being constrained by them. That uses Java, but also Ruby. That goes beyond Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). That's committed to a low operational burden by designing for it. That puts work-life balance, personal and professional growth as a principle, not a goal.
We are building an ecosystem of tools and services that ingest, transform and serve 3rd party video catalogs to the FireTV devices. Our charter is to drive the quality and availability of the data through highly performant, highly available systems, but also through analytics. For this, we gravitate towards a reactive model, microservices, REST, automation and Machine Learning.
We value diversity of backgrounds as we believe writing software is a learning process and that innovation is driven by learners, not knowers. Along with traditional Computer Science and Engineering, we have backgrounds in physics, chemistry, biomechanics and experiences ranging from embedded software and Android to stock trading engines and video streaming to 3D modeling.
We are looking for a dynamic SDE with the drive and enthusiasm to build with us the next generations of our products.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years delivering production code in an object-oriented language such as Java, C/C++, Python, Objective-C, or C#.
• 5+ years delivering iOS mobile applications via Swift or Objective-C, and/or Android mobile applications via Java or Kotlin.
• Knowledge of data structures & algorithms.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience building high-performance, highly-available, and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience designing software for performance, scalability, and reliability.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top