Software Development Engineer - Fire TV
- London, United Kingdom
In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
We are looking for a passionate, talented Software Development Engineer who can drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. In this development role, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As a Software Development Engineer in the team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products by developing and integrating Android based features and applications.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Lead the development of new Android innovative features and applications and initiatives across the organization.
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a diverse, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver quality work
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive professional hands-on experience in software development
• Great Computer Science fundamentals knowledge and experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• Android development knowledge of Java and the JDK and/or Kotlin and Android Developers Kit.
• Knowledge of Android Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. Advanced Android UI Skills (Fragments, Custom view components)
• Experience with any of Android apps, Android Frameworks, AOSP or Linux kernel driver development
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top