Software Development Engineer, Fire TV
- Seattle, WA
While this team is based in Seattle. WA, this position is open to qualified candidates who wish to collaborate remotely from development centers in the United States and Canada (e.g. Bay Area, Phoenix, Boulder, Austin, Toronto, HQ2, Boston) during core team working hours (9 AM - 4 PM PST).
Fire TV is how millions of people watch, share, and enjoy TV every day. We are looking for talented engineers to help Fire TV become the global leader in entertainment with the best experience for customers and partners and the broadest selection of content and services.
In this role, you will help define and implement the Fire TV Telemetry roadmap, and will have a high degree of ownership in critical features of the system that enable understanding of the customer experience. You will work closely with product managers and other engineering teams to deliver key initiatives that impact millions of customers. This role will primarily be focused on either the high-scale, low-latency cloud data pipeline, or our analytics and data science products (including machine learning).
• Create or improve major features of the data pipeline that ingests and processes events which detail how customers experience Fire TV features
• Design, document, review and build major parts of the system architecture
• Review, scope and collaborate with team members to prioritize features requested by stakeholders or which are necessary to scale the telemetry system
• Drive continuous improvements with the team's processes and practices
• Proactively identify and resolve technical risks and issues that may impair the team's ability to deliver
• Mentor junior engineers, and participate in the hiring process for open roles within our organization
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
• 2+ years of professional experience in software development
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience in computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Software development experience in Java, Linux/UNIX, NoSQL persistence, AWS products, or relevant technologies
• Experience with best practices in engineering distributed systems, Android or FireOS software development, or Big Data processing
• Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Passion for building and improving new products in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience mentoring junior team members
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top