Software Development Engineer, Fire TV
- Seattle, WA
While this team is based in Seattle , WA , this position is open to qualified candidates who wish to collaborate remotely from development centers in the United States and Canada (e.g. Seattle, Bay Area, Boulder, Austin, Toronto, Boston. Arlington , VA) during core team working hours (10AM - 5 PM EST).
Fire TV is how millions of people watch, share, and enjoy TV every day. We are looking for talented engineers to help Fire TV become the global leader in entertainment with the best experience for customers and partners and the broadest selection of content and services.
In this role, you will help define and implement the Fire TV Telemetry roadmap, and will have a high degree of ownership in critical features of the system that enable understanding of the customer experience. You will work closely with product managers and other engineering teams to deliver key initiatives that impact millions of customers. This role will primarily be focused on the high-performance, low-overhead Fire TV device software used to collect and transmit events to the cloud.
• Create or improve software for instrumenting and publishing events that detail how customers experience Fire TV features
• Design, document, review and build major parts of the system architecture
• Review, scope and collaborate with team members to prioritize features requested by stakeholders or which are necessary to scale the telemetry system
• Drive continuous improvements with the team's processes and practices
• Proactively identify and resolve technical risks and issues that may impair the team's ability to deliver
• Mentor junior engineers, and participate in the hiring process for open roles within our organization
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
• 2+ years of professional experience in software development
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience in computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with Android or FireOS software development
• Experience with best practices in engineering distributed systems
• Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Passion for building and improving new products in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience mentoring junior team members
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top