The Amazon Fire TV team delivers the experience on Amazon's market-leading streaming media devices, including the Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV Edition TVs . What will you help us create?
In this role, you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, which includes rapid expansion into new geographies and innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment.
We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services. Here on the Fire TV team, we are dedicated to creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
Some of the responsibilities include;
• Develop software for product initiatives.
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience developing Android applications, Android Frameworks, AOSP or Linux kernel driver development, Full-stack SW development, RESTful services and APIs
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.