Software Development Engineer - FinTech
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about simplifying complex problems? Do you like finding patterns and inventing new ways to push the boundaries of the current possibilities? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer for the Indirect Tax Compliance and Audit team. Our team is responsible for automating complex business processes currently requiring hundreds of thousands of manual hours. We innovate in processing trillions of records in near real time and providing self-service capabilities to our customers to perform data transformation, computations and reconciliation. We build controls and auditing capabilities for our users to perform their tasks with a high degree of confidence and efficiency. Our aim is to build reusable back-end and front-end components as a single integrated platform for all of our users' Tax Compliance and Audit automation needs. This is your opportunity to make your mark in the design and build of the new system.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will play a role in the design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will get to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You enjoy collaborating with others to increase the effectiveness of the overall team.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Expertise with object oriented design and languages, such as Java, C# or equivalent
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Passion for developing simple solutions for complex problems
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Master's or PhD Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience with both backend and front end software development (full stack engineering)
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
• Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
• Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell scripting languages
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile software development
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top