Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech is looking for a results-oriented, innovative software development engineer who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems that support Amazon's current and future business needs. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
Our ideal candidate will be a hardcore software developer. This person needs to love building software, be self-directed, knows how to get things done, can lead teams, and is not afraid to take on big challenges. Candidates interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture). The ideal candidate will have experience working with Java, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform. Experience in optimization, data mining and data analysis is a plus, but not required.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of experience
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Proven object oriented design skills and able to find creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability
• Experience in supporting high-traffic, high-throughput, distributed real-time systems and services
• Strong project-management skills, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Proficiency in Java in a Linux/Unix environment. Experience with C, C++. Experience using SQL
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us