Are you passionate about simplifying complex problems? Do you like finding patterns and inventing new ways to push the boundaries of the current possibilities? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
Amazon is re-inventing its close process to produce daily financial results. To make it possible, FinTech will redesign the accounting close to provide businesses the financial information they need throughout the month. This team will build a platform to provide billions of near real-time business and finance events, and use that to generate aggregated reports such as daily profit and loss. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to design and build this large-scale near real time data ingestion, computation and prediction engine, and a business facing platform for finance teams across all Amazon business lines. They will work across Amazon engineering teams and business teams, such as Finance, Tax and Accounting, across the globe, in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform across multiple geographies.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master's or PhD Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development and full product life-cycles
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience with both backend and front end software development (full stack engineering)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
- Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
- Proficiency with at least one of Perl/Python/Ruby/Shell scripting languages
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Agile software development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us