Software Development Engineer - FinTech
- Arlington, VA
Are you passionate about finding patterns in seemingly disparate problems? Does working closely with the customers to drive innovation excite you? Interested in building high-performance, globally scalable systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineers for FinTech Fixed Asset Team. Fixed Assets is a significant line on Amazon's balance sheet and growing 26% YOY. They range widely from buildings, furniture, servers, delivery vehicles, drones, airplanes, robots, etc. and are in every country in which we do business. We are building systems that service the fixed asset needs of tax, accounting, and finance teams worldwide, and automating transactions from asset creation through disposal. It is multi-year challenge and we are building a team with the technical chops to revolutionize fixed assets well beyond what any tier 1 ERPs can do today. This is your opportunity to make your mark in the design and architecture of the new system.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer. In this position, you will play a leading role in architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale critical and complex financial applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work across Amazon engineering teams and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform across multiple geographies.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top