Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon Music Fraud and Content Risk Management team. The team is responsible for protecting Amazon Music from a wide range of reputational and financial risks. We earn the trust of our customers and content creators by detecting and preventing risks such as copyright infringement, content policy violations, and streaming fraud.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will help build the base technology that will power critical new risk mitigation initiatives. You will use software services, analysis, data science/ML, and data engineering to solve high-impact customer and business problems in the most optimal way. You will work with seasoned technical leaders, world-class scientists, and senior business and product leaders across the globe. You will have the opportunity to solve world class problems, and deliver big and immediate results.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, hard-working technical leader with experience building innovative, large-scale, and high-performing systems. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity. You should feel comfortable learning to work across different architectural areas such as building scalable services, building big data pipelines, and working with applied scientists to build and integrate ML models.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelors or Graduate degree in a related technical field.
• Experience working with Machine Learning and Big Data technologies.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• 4+ years experience in software development using any OOPS and programming languages like Java and C++ (e.g., Ruby, Python, Perl).
• Design and develop new product and feature from greenfield or use existing AWS products.
• Experience with AWS services highly desirable.
• Able to write clean error free code and deliver optimistic solutions.
• Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development methodologies
• Ability and desire to dive deep into the details of the business and the technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.