Are you looking for an opportunity that will help revolutionize the way big data sets are cataloged, discovered and searched for one of the world's largest financial data systems? Are you interested in innovating and building platforms that use machine learning to identify anomalies and provide insights across billions of financial transactions? Does the prospect of working with the top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Whether you buy something from amazon.com or watch a show on Amazon Prime, any of these business transactions get converted into multiple financial events. Our teams in FinTech ingest, transform and integrate these events to produce insights for Finance and Accounting to make business decisions and close books. We are currently working on a brand-new initiative to create a centralized enterprise data repository and self-service discovery platform that will unify finance data across all of Amazon's business systems. This platform will also help us build advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities to address our current and future use cases. Our customers include Amazon's internal and external financial community across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned engineer. In this position, you will play a major role in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex big data applications. You will push your design and architecture limits by inventing and simplifying complex problems. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work with Amazon engineering and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform.
This is a brand-new platform we are building. We are currently in the stage of defining the architecture and high-level design. So, this is your chance to build this platform from scratch.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of software development experience with Java, Python or C#/C++
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and/or Design (OOD)
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Strong grasp of Service Oriented Architecture
• Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us