Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to join the TVOD Commerce - Video Library team. We manage and store titles customers have rented or purchased through TVOD and maximize the value of customers video library. We engage customers with relevant and personalized TVOD offers, promotions, and bundles at competitive prices; making it simple for customers to purchase content; and manage their video libraries. We see an opportunity in introducing existing Prime customers to TVOD as well as using TVOD to be introduced to Prime and other Amazon products.
Candidates will have an understanding of stable, scalable systems that have been successfully deployed in a business setting. You will be passionate about technology with a focus on the customer experience and great teamwork.
You will work as part of one of our small Agile teams, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We're looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers, designers and applied scientists who love what they do.
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience operating and maintaining production software.
• Experience mentoring and coaching others.
• Demonstrated best-practice software engineering including some aspects of agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, code reviews, continuous build and deployment processes.
• Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimization).
• Designed and built complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
• Linux/UNIX (command-line tools, shell scripts, operations).
• Experience in data manipulation and analysis.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.