Software Development Engineer | Fashion | Private Brands
- New York, NY
Are you interested in being part of a high impact and growing business? Are you passionate about creating best-in-class software using AWS and machine learning? Our team is seeking an experienced software development engineer to work on strategic initiatives.
This is a team with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible, entrepreneurial, and resilient. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the business and drive relentlessly to optimize and improve our deliverable, and allowing the business to move at a fast pace. You collaborate with product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You are comfortable with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve. You create extensible design and easy to maintain solutions with the long-term vision in mind.
As a software engineer you will be working with business partners, software development engineers and QA to design, implement, test, launch, document, and maintain complex software applications, tools, and systems. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies and develop well-rounded skills on technology, leadership, and effective project management. Not only do we deliver high-impact customer facing features, we also focus on learning, sharing, innovating and having fun at work.
Our team is building a new advertising platform that will have world-wide impact to multiple businesses across Amazon. The team offers highly motivated engineers diverse challenges building world-class, highly available service technologies, comprehending big-data, and delivering ML-based solutions.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Knowledge of AWS, Sagemaker, and Spark
• Experience with Python and/or Scala
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top