Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
Want to help shape how connected devices get to market faster? Join the new initiative Amazon Common Software (ACS) for Devices which launched Feb '2020 (https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices). ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa. Join us.
As a Software Development Engineer on the ACS team, you will be part of a team that owns critical Android framework components, services, tools, and application development frameworks - working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer product experiences. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will participate in designing, prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Android and Amazon ecosystem.
As part of your work, you will work closely with Amazon device software teams, product management teams, external partner developers, internal Amazon application developers, and Amazon service teams to drive development from the concept stage to the launch stage.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing embedded applications
• 3+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
• Master's or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related field
• Understanding performance and memory in Android/Linux and embedded development constraints
• Extensive knowledge of Linux
• Extensive experience working on consumer electronics products or mobile devices
• Strong shell and Python scripting skills
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
• Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top