CO Salary Range: USD 122,000.00 - 160,000.00 per year
Amazon's Advertising Platform is positioned to grow its share of the online advertising industry due to its unique combination of online retail behavior data, industry-leading cloud services, and a fast-moving startup culture. The targeting platform enables our ad systems to deliver the right ads to the right users. To accomplish this goal, we are applying the latest low latency, big data technologies and toolsets which allow us to understand our users interests and personalize their experiences.
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. This highly visible role requires frequent communication with senior leadership in order to help shape and deliver on the product roadmap, and requires you to nimbly switch between strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve technical, business, and customer experience goals. You'll be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack -- from customer facing features, to algorithmic innovation, all the way down to the datasets that the back-end services consume.
Some problem spaces we'll be working on:
TARGETING - we have a wealth of data already about the customers we interact with; what they've been shopping for, what they've recently purchased, etc. This data can be used to help us decide what else they are likely to be interested in and to respond to. Accessing this data and making decisions across large numbers of potential responses in a matter of milliseconds is a tough problem, and requires complex high scale engineering both online and offline. . You will be working with other driven engineers to deliver our features and solutions. This will require core engineering and programming skills, insight, technical capability, data driven decision making, creativity and an obsession to ship high quality solutions for our customers.
MACHINE LEARNING & ANALYTICS - there's an almost overwhelming amount of data available, and we need to build the best models to predict which signals are likely to have an impact and which aren't. We're building platforms to automate the generation, validation, and publishing of models that incorporate all available data to predict any measurable signal. You will be working in the designing, building and finally shipping these products together with partners, product management, other engineers and data scientists.
CUSTOMER FACING TOOLS - all our processes are driven through a toolset that we have built. You will establish the roadmap for our customer facing functionalities, ensure prioritization and ultimately build these features. Shipping a high quality toolset always requires being data driven and having strong engineering skills. You need to be obsessed with ensuring the best end to end experience for our customers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Here are some things that we'd prefer to see, though none is independently a requirement:
• Master's degree in computer science, Math or Physics or related field
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Solid experience working with SQL databases.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
• A good understanding of the entire SDLC
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Experience in advertising.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,000 - $160,000 [yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protect+
ed status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
CO Salary Range: USD 122,000.00 - 160,000.00 per year