AWS is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDE) to help build and maintain new Services and solutions that powers the world's largest Cloud Network. Our customers demand the highest quality, reliability and security for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are seeking brilliant and passionate SDEs to join our "Device Access" software development team.
You will be responsible for designing and developing software solutions for monitoring systems that need to operate at an extreme scale and with the highest reliably and security standards.As a software technical leader of this team, you will dive deep to understand Amazon's network and service architecture, it's operation and security. And you will partner with network engineering, software and hardware team members and other AWS service teams to develop the software for our services. This team focuses on developing software that allows for monitoring our networking devices. We are looking for the highest quality candidates for a world class team.
Why would you want to work in AWS Networking?
- We are making history!
- We have some of the largest data center networks in the world and we keep growing.
- Because we own both the network and the devices, we can innovate in a way that others cannot.
- We have a very large impact: everything AWS does is built on networks using these devices.
This is the SDE2 role in Networking Platform S/W Development (Device Access team) in Cupertino, CA. Work will involve software and service infrastructure development on Native AWS services
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Domain experience with Java, High-Performant Multi-threaded applications
• Knowledge of operating system internals, sockets/IPC, advanced debugging experience
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivate
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.