Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services is looking for experienced software developers to join the research group within AWS Security Services. This team is entrusted with researching and developing core data mining and machine learning algorithms for various AWS security services like GuardDuty (https://aws.amazon.com/guardduty/) and Macie (https://aws.amazon.com/macie/). On this team, you will invent and implement innovative solutions for never-before-solved problems. If you have a passion for security and experience with large scale machine learning problems, this will be an exciting opportunity.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies that help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet security requirements in the AWS Cloud. The team interacts with security researchers to codify our own learnings and best practices and make them available for customers. We are building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems to power next generation services.
• Collaborate with scientists to integrate successful experiments into large scale, highly complex production services.
• Build complex systems that turn machine/deep learning and AI research into great products for our customers.
• Rapidly design and conduct large scale experiments in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative and business judgment
• Interact with security engineers and related domain experts to dive deep into the types of challenges that we need innovative solutions for
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
• 3+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of coding with at least one of the following: Java, C++, C#, Scala including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience in Apache Spark, Scala and Python
• MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline preferred
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with both research and technical teams.
• Domain experience with information security, such as threat detection techniques, malware, anomaly detection, etc.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with highly distributed, multi-tenet systems with clear state-full/state-less boundaries.
• Experience with machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top