Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's mission is to be 'Earth's most customer-centric company', and our award-winning Customer Engagement Technology (CET) team is an essential part of that mission. This organization powers customer service by developing elegant Customer and Customer Service Associate (CSA) facing products that effortless self-service and . CET innovates on behalf of customers, developing bot, self-service, and associate-facing products which delight customers and support our world class customer service workforce. CET leverages big , NLP, ML, and a focus on continuous innovation to create an amazing experience for customers while scaling the business each year.
The CET Security team is responsible for building systems that protect the needed to power these innovations. Our protective technologies include identity/access management (IAM), role- and attribute-based access (RBAC & ABAC), bot and fraud detection, and operating system, and event collection/anomaly detection. We truly own the full stack, from traditional services and stacks, to the hardware and operating system on our customer service associates' desks.
We are seeking experienced engineers to help us invent the next generation of authorization systems for which there are no off-the-shelf solutions. In this role, you will be working on a green field effort. You will both develop new features and incorporate unreleased AWS technologies into Amazon CRM products. And you will be on the leading edge of information and cybersecurity.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years professional experience in .
• 2+ years experience in Java, , or other programming language.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, database and web technologies.
• Interest in cybersecurity, information security, and/or access management systems.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top