The Team: Amazon Physical Stores is launching brick and mortar stores ranging from Amazon Books, 4-Star and our most recent introduction, Amazon Fresh. These stores offer a curated selection of items with the Amazon customer experience signature. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore or grocery store with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. Our journey is far from done, we are getting ready to launch new offerings that will amaze and define how customers interact with the Amazon Physical Stores in the near future.
The Role: Join a fast growing team where you will be valued for your entrepreneurial skills and ability to take on a whole new Amazon charter that feels more like a startup than a big company. As a in the Amazon Physical Stores team, you will collaborate and have fun with talented peer engineers to define the next store customer experience that is based on a secure, with robust and state-of-the-art maintenance infrastructure and cloud that you will not only create but also experience via store devices and interfaces.
In this role:
• You will encounter challenging problems to solve in and devices.
• You will be able to demonstrate your strong technical and communication skills as well as your teamwork abilities to deliver brand new customer experiences on behalf of Amazon.
• You must be curious in the face of ambiguity and able to develop prototypes and experiments to find the optimal customer experience to create robust, , distributed and fault-tolerant features for Amazon customers around the globe.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in , or relevant work experience
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience implementing multiple modules based on system while exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Understanding of web service technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Strong Operating System level fundamentals
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale development
• Exposure to Windows or Linux native development
• Experience in web service development technologies and techniques, including , , .
• Demonstrated experience in delivering web-based applications and dealing with the challenges of compatibility, scalability, and performance
• Experience using Amazon Web (AWS)
By submitting your here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.