Software Development Engineer
- São Paulo, Brazil
Digital and Emerging Markets Payments team is responsible for launching new payment experiences for digital businesses WW and retail business in emerging markets.
We are a growing team adding new charters relevant to payment related customer experience for our customers in emerging markets.
As part of this growth, we are hiring a Software Development Engineer to contribute to the implementation of new payment methods and services to support international business regulations. In this position, you will contribute to the success of an international team that manages complex workflows, collaborates with internal and external partners, implements scalable large scale solutions, uses all the flavors of the JVM (Kotlin, Scala, Java), and leverage native AWS components to delight customers in Brazil and other countries.
Specifically, you will be:
• Responsible for the architecture of several components of the consumer payments tech stack.
• Continuously working on improving the current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, and on the development of major routines and utilities.
• Designing and building features with a strong mindset towards performances.
• Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
• Owning initiatives to improve the operational excellence of critical systems and services.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in object-oriented and component design
• 2+ years delivering software solutions in distributed computing and SOA
• Experience in architecting solutions using Native AWS components and distributed computing
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Back to top