About the team Preserving Trust in Amazon with every customer, every account, every second is our mission. Amazon.com's Buyer Risk Prevention (or BRP) protects the Amazon bottom line by preventing the bad actors from entering the front door. We've got the latest in machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling techniques and investigation tools but we need your help to keep Amazon.com safe. You'll be part of a team working to protect Amazon's most important asset, its customers, from targeted attacks from bad actors and bots.
About the role We're looking for a software engineer with an interest in outsmarting bad actors and making Amazon a safe place for customers and sellers. We use the most recent advances in machine learning to make real-time decisions to eliminate all types of malicious activity at Amazon scale. You will work with other engineering teams at Amazon to develop novel solutions to to develop and strengthen customer trust.
About the candidate The ideal candidate for our team is passionate about building creative solutions to outsmart bad actors. You have technical curiosity, drive for results, and resilience in the adversarial fight to keep our customers safe.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Understanding of CI/CD and Agile software engineering practices
• Experience in communicating (written and verbal) with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.