Software Development Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a new initiative that will redefine the architecture of web pages within Amazon? Are you passionate about building a cutting edge platform that will be used across majority of Amazon retail websites? Are you excited about developing solutions that scale to 1000s of transactions per second? If you live for these kinds of challenges, we have the job for you!
We are building a new micro-services based platform leveraging AWS and open-source technologies and facilitate the movement of existing monolithic systems. You will be tasked to solve many of the complex problems arising out of distributed development and execution and build an efficient but robust system with very high availability.
- · Play a major role in the design of the system with an eye on serving 100% of Amazon traffic and develop major components of it.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to launch best in class technical solutions for the this initiative
- Lead the design reviews for your team and actively participate in design reviews of related software or other team software.
- Work with developers, managers and test engineers to define the quality and operational goals for the team
- Optimize the performance and improve the availability of the system to meet and exceed Amazon's Tier-1 guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Experience developing highly-secure, highly-maintainable, and fast applications (threat analysis, design patterns, performance profiling).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record in delivering features in agile environment
- Experience in building systems using AWS technologies.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top