Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is truly innovative with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Interested in solving complex software engineering problems at scale? The AWS Developer Tools team is looking for Software Engineer to join our talented team building a next-generation Software Development Lifecycle Management product. We are seeking builders to be technical design leaders on one of the fundamental aspects of the new product.
This role relies on your ability to design systems and develop, test and launch a highly scalable product to AWS customers. You will design and build the architecture, identify and investigate new technologies, prototype solutions, and test and review changes, to deliver an exceptional customer experience. You are expected to influence product definition and leverage your technical skills to drive towards the right solution.
The ideal candidate
• Has experience designing large-scale systems and is familiar with horizontal scaling, high throughput and massive, rapidly growing data sets
• enjoys solving complex software problems, and possesses analytical, design and problem-solving skills
• has an in-depth understanding in SDLC areas like IDE's, source code management, CI/CD, and compliance solutions
• is knowledgeable in distributed systems, ideally event- architectures, graph databases and workflow engines
• loves collaborating with senior leaders to design and build a large-scale AWS product from scratch
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years of software development experience
• Fluency with Java, Kotlin, Typescript or similar languages
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem-solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
• Experience mentoring other engineers
• Experience building SDLC products and services
• Experience operating highly available services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top