Software Development Engineer
Amazon needs a rockstar software engineer to join the Amazon Devices development team in Seattle, WA. We are responsible for the development and maintenance of 100's of ML algorithms that are used to manage the Amazon Devices business. We materially impact Amazon's device businesses by forecasting demand and managing supply of all Amazon Devices using ML, big data and deep learning.
We are a growing team continues to operate in "start up" mode to prove new business ideas, while strengthening our core ML platforms.
You're a seasoned engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to innovate, to deliver, and to influence. You are passionate about start-up opportunities, where you succeed by fearlessly testing new ideas and rapidly iterating on technical solutions. You have a demonstrable track record of success delivering high quality software products and services at scale. You are a coding ninja with strong OO design skills, in-depth knowledge of web protocols (HTTP/XML/REST) and distributed system architectures based on SOA. You are a team guru who leads and mentors junior engineers and consults product owners.
About us together:
We will work together on defining features and our overall product roadmap. You will be a technical leader who owns core services and user applications. You will drive system architecture and establish sound software development practices. You will be writing code, participating in code reviews and creating documentation. We will dive deep into customer contributed data and system operational metrics identifying areas of improvement. We'll make tough decisions together, but we'll all understand why.
Some technologies and problem spaces we'll be working on:
HIGHLY SCALABLE DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS – Amazon's data has billions of records for a mind-boggling variety of products and millions of customers in multiple countries. We will leverage Amazon's infrastructure to build systems and design algorithms that are able to handle these large amounts of data. Where traditional solutions fail we develop approximate, distributed, and streaming algorithms.
DATA MINING AND MACHINE LEARNING – We will use the latest machine learning and predictive modeling technologies to extract information valuable to our business. We will look for patterns, train thousands of models, and summarize data to gain insights about customer product needs and experiences. We continually evaluate the effectiveness of our solutions and ways to improve them.
If you are the kind of engineer who is thrilled to solve hard technical problems building highly valuable applications that manage the business for our customers.
It's an exciting time for at Amazon and especially within our team. We are rebuilding our systems from the ground up. If you want to design, develop and implement systems at scale now and are looking for a challenge, now is a great time to talk to us!
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- In depth knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++ with strong base in object-oriented design and development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Sharp analytical abilities, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Passion for innovation and learning.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience building feature rich user facing applications and distributed systems for commercial online services
- Domain knowledge in data analytics, machine learning, or natural language processing
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving best practices and mentoring other team members.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey technical concepts and data findings to business leaders and product owners.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top