Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech Payments owns the technical platform responsible for billions of dollars of payments each month to Amazon vendors across the globe. We build and ultiize services and applications using AWS and other cutting edge technologies while providing full visibility into the transactions using static and machine learning models. We partner with financial institutions and other Amazon teams to leverage the best in class features that the banks and finance technology companies have to offer. We delight our vendors by paying them when they want and how they want. We build software Applications that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually that rival the complexity and scope of dedicated payments fin-tech companies.
If you are passionate about moving real money, paying people on time, innovating payments, using the latest and greatest technologies to help scale a system with 100% up-time, we have the opportunity for you!
In this role you will:
• Deliver a Best-in-Class customer experience by continuously improving platform, code and services that enable supplier payments
• Build software to enable Global/World wide Vendor Payments including real-time and other cutting edge payments services.
• Build services/integration for Financial Applications
• Design and Develop Best integration patterns for our system. Leverage and integrate with different tools, technologies and products with in Amazon to reduce payments operational cost and enhance customer experience
• Partner directly with other Software Development Engineers (SDEs), Technical Program Managers, Functional Analysts and Customers to understand features and continuously identify opportunities to build and deploy software solutions
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of experience
• Distributed system design and development experience with demonstrable scale.
• Experience in successfully leading the building of complex software systems
• Proven object oriented design skills and developed creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability
• Proficiency in, at least one, modern programming language such as Scala, Java, Python
• Experience in supporting high-volume processing, high-throughput, distributed real-time systems
• Self-motivated, highly analytical, thrives when dealing with multiple tasks
• Strong sense of ownership, and time to market
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills
• Able to work in a diverse team
Technologies we use: React, Python, Lambda, Dynamo, Athena, EMR, EDX and several others on the AWS stack.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems and all points in between
• Machine learning experience
• Strong SQL and NO-SQL database skills