Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in highly-scaled fault-tolerant systems impacting millions of customers across the world? Our Transactional Notifications team is hiring Software Development Engineers (SDEs)! Last year, our sends as well as our revenue dollars were measured in billions. We own the majority of Amazon's messaging including order confirmation via channels like SMS, Push, and Email across all countries. Additionally, we own real-time communications between Amazon delivery drivers and customers via in-app chat. The Notifications platform serves thousands of transactions per second!
A great feature of owning Notifications is that our team gets to be immersed in our product - seeing good and bad as customers - and we get to close that feedback loop with our services. We have a technical vision to lay the foundation for a structured multistage platform: event processing, business logic, data aggregation, rendering, and send. Our challenge is to bring those services together into a cohesive and easy-to-use platform so that client teams within Amazon can self-serve their own needs with guardrails and a repeatable process that we maintain at scale. You can help us realize that vision - apply today!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, SDE, or a Software Developer using OO programming languages such as Java, C++ or C#
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• OO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
• Mastery of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non technical peers
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
If you are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D program in the past 6 months, your background aligns more closely with our Student Programs openings. To learn more about our Student Programs and search for internships and full-time opportunities please visit this site: www.amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/student-programs
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top