Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
AWS Networking is looking for a Software Development Engineer to drive innovation in Network Performance. You will join a high impact team of senior engineers that own measuring and improving the performance of our hyperscale data center networks. You will develop metrics and performance benchmarking systems to deeply understand the performance of the network and you will develop and deliver innovative solutions that drive ever greater experiences for our customers. A successful candidate will have deep expertise with network transport protocol design, network hardware forwarding design and network simulation environments. This role is a tremendous opportunity to invent and deliver game changing network solutions that directly benefit millions of customers.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators and builders at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years experience developing network software & systems
• Software development skills, preferably in Python, C/C++ on Linux environment
• Expertise with network transport protocols, network hardware and network designs
• Experience developing software that runs on network switches
• Experience with network programing on TCP/IP socket
• Experience analyzing large data sets
• MS/PhD in CS/EE or equivalent