Software Development Engineer
- Dresden, Germany
At the Amazon Development Center in Dresden, Germany, we build the foundation of the Amazon EC2 virtualization platforms. Our teams are responsible for the development and maintenance of the Amazon hypervisors and Linux Kernels that make the engine of the EC2 compute servers. The Dresden based teams also own the development and support of the Linux operating system kernel running on almost every Amazon Server worldwide. Being part of Amazon means constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day.
What is Amazon EC2? https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
Check out this video to see what the office looks like and how beautiful the Dresden area is: https://youtu.be/NyJQL6keFBA
If you are passionate about developing software, and you want to build solutions to challenging problems that directly reach millions of people, there may be no better place than Amazon for you to impact the world!
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on the lowest layer of Amazon EC2 software stack, touching the Linux kernel and our Hypervisors, developing salient features such as Live Migration.
• You will develop new features, performance optimizations, and reliability improvements for Amazon EC2.
• You will maintain and build the infrastructure that monitors and tests key EC2 features.
• You will monitor live operation metrics to ensure that we are delivering the best experience to our customers at any time.
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Strong programming skills in C, C++
• Experience in low level software development.
• Strong desire to build, a sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Knowing German language is not required for this position.
• Experience working on the Linux Kernel
• Experience in virtualization (Xen, KVM) technologies
• Experience developing CI and testing automation systems
• Programming skills in Python
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Back to top