Software Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. It services millions of customers in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Each day, millions of developers execute billions of transactions worldwide on the AWS Cloud.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies such as Amazon Inspector which help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet compliance requirements in the AWS cloud. The team interacts with AWS security researchers to codify security best practices and provide customers with detailed recommendations for remediating potential issues. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer with a strong knowledge of distributed systems to develop a new and innovative security service. This position is on a new team that you will be joining at its inception and it will have a startup feel. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development in Java or C++ development
- 3+ years of expereince Object oriented design experience
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Prior experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
- Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email Australia Battle at [email protected]
- Experience building network security systems such as firewalls, unified threat management, and virtual private network technologies
- Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
- Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment – previous startup experience a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top