The Alexa Communications team is reinventing the way people use technology to connect with one-another. We solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. You can make history with us, and the good news is that we've only just begun!
Running with the spirit and energy of a start-up, our team is focused on leveraging emerging technologies and bridging household-devices with cloud services, to create new product offerings in the space of communications, enabling people to connect in new ways like never before!
For our team we are looking for passionate, curious, and talented Software Engineers, to build innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that revolutionize the industry.
Join our team and you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know!
As a member of this team, you will build dynamic, custom user experiences in the Amazon Alexa mobile app to deliver the next level Communication experiences. You will have the opportunity to work on the front or backend systems or both. With the power of the AWS cloud at your disposal, you will build reliable, scalable, and high performance services that leverage Content Management and Machine Learning systems to continuously adapt to customer behavior and deliver custom, relevant content.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
• Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing new system architecture and improvements
• Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technologies and evaluate technical feasibility
• Focusing on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
• Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
• Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
• 1+ years of Android/iOS/React Native experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Experience developing mobile applications and cloud software services with an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience with AWS
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
• Demonstrate leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .