Software Development Engineer - EMEA Multiple locations/teams
- London, United Kingdom
Join our Software Development Engineer opportunities in the Consumer Organization tech teams in EMEA in Madrid, Berlin, Luxembourg, Dublin and London. Amazon will provide relocation assistance. Come build the future with us!
The Consumer Organization, in a nut shell, is our Amazon.com website, what supports it on the back-end, and everything around the customer shopping experience and product offerings. We have a good variety of teams with back-end and full-stack roles. We will consider you for a variety of teams within Consumer. At the offer stage, you can choose the team and location that you would like to join.
As a Software Development Engineer you will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. Taking pride in both the technical and business contribution of your work, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and our customers. You will design and implement new features and be part of a team that is building the future of online retail.
The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. Amazon's benefits support the needs of our diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what stage they're at in their life or career.For more details about benefits, check here https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits/global
• Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
• Develop detailed architecture and design for components and services
• Code, test, and deploy services
• Participate in and lead code & design reviews
• Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
• Work with peers in other Amazon Retail teams to build and scale services
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Ability to work effectively on shared projects with a diverse team of developers
• Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top