Join our Software Development Engineer opportunities in the Consumer Organization tech teams in EMEA Madrid, Berlin, Luxembourg, Dublin, London, Paris, Iasi & Bucharest. Amazon will provide relocation assistance. Come build the future with us!
The Consumer Organization, in a nut shell, is our Amazon.com website, what supports it on the back-end, and everything around the customer shopping experience and product offerings. We have a good variety of teams with back-end and full-stack roles. We will consider you for a variety of teams within Consumer. At the offer stage, you can choose the team and location that you would like to join.
As a Software Development Engineer you will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. Taking pride in both the technical and business contribution of your work, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and our customers. You will design and implement new features and be part of a team that is building the future of online retail.
The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. Amazon's benefits support the needs of our diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what stage they're at in their life or career. For more details about benefits, check here https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits/global
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Outstanding problem-solving abilities
• A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
• Experience in any building software applications such as: Java, Python, C++, C#
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Business judgment and proven ability to influence others
• Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
• A Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
. Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++ , C# is a plus!
• Expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.
• Previous experience with retail systems ordering, placement, etc. - is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.