Software Development Engineer- Embedded/Device Driver
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Seeking a highly motivated software engineer who will help drive low-level platform software for current and new Lab126 products. As a member of the platform software team, you will work closely with your teammates as well as other cross-functional teams to deliver high quality and innovative products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience doing hands-on software development, with 3+ years' experience writing Linux kernel (drivers or core) or other similar embedded code in C and/or C++
- 5+ years of experience in one or more specific technical areas such as USB, audio, display/framebuffer, file-systems, system performance
- Loves to tinker with hardware and low-level software
- Proven experience with delivering high quality products on time
- Good understanding of the Linux Kernel on ARM architecture
- Experience with generating the SDK package is a plus
- Experience with FreeRTOS is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top