Come Shape the Future of !
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and . In the future, of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. We aim to power the future of through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure.
Come join us in building the future of !
You will design and develop embedded software that will be used by millions of people every day. Your code is highly optimized for resource constrained environments, and meets a strict quality bar. You automate as you go to enable faster testing and iterations of new code. When you hit roadblocks in development, you immediately start investigating workarounds or alternative options. You understand there is often more than one way to solve a problem, and you clearly articulate trade-offs during tough decisions and back up your solutions when challenged.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to collaborate with Amazon's talented engineers and technical managers across the globe in empowering our customers to innovate, while further developing your skills and your career.
Our team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
We are intentional in attracting, developing and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation. We are looking for people to help us build an inclusive and supportive growth environment for team members to Come build with us!
Mentorship and Career Growth:
Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and beyond, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader Amazon population.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
• 3+ years of professional experience with C/C++ programming, preferably in an embedded environment.
• Experience developing complex embedded systems in , aeronautics, or other related industial fields.
• Familiar with Linux, and POSIX systems including concepts like watchdogs, task preemption, software interrupts, priority inversion.
• Knowledge of at least one scripting programming language such as Python/Ruby or Perl.
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with open source tools and resources
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Ability to design access and memory usage optimized data structures and algorithms.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.