Software Development Engineer - Embedded
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
We are looking for outstanding Engineer candidates who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done. The candidates must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch developers and effectively communicating through both spoken and written communications. We are looking for highly motivated people who innovate, and love solving hard problems! You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
As a Software Development Engineer - Wifi, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connectivity platform for world class consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
• Design, develop and enhance Wifi/networking software for Amazon's consumer products;
• Optimize Wifi/networking performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms;
• Engage with vendors to integrate Wifi chipset solutions;
• Collaborate with other software teams to design and deliver unique customer features on top of Wifi for Amazon products;
• Provide Amazon Customer Support technical assistance to trouble shoot customer issues;
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience of software development
• Experience developing in C/C++
• 5+ years of experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems
• 5+ years of experience and knowledge on IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols or TCP/IP internals and common network protocols
• 5+ years of experience in Wifi/networking development and debugging tools such as protocol analyzer
• Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs
• Have prior experience with Wifi solutions from one or more major Wifi chipset vendors
• Knowledge of IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols such as Wifi Direct, WMM, WPA2/3, 802.11n/ac/ax, and etc.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and etc.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
• Have prior experience with Linux kernel and device driver
• Have prior experience with freeRTOS
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top