Software Development Engineer- Embedded
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Firmware team drives system innovation in the servers and data center devices used by all of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, CloudFront, etc. Our engineers solve the hardest problems that fuse software, hardware, and the cloud. We take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development engineer to design, develop, and own firmware for custom devices used in our data center. You will work on OS level software and PLC control logic and to develop secure autonomous systems that automate key datatcenter functions. As an software engineer in this team, you will work with a team of world-class software developers who thrive on creating innovative, scalable solutions for real-world data center infrastructure problems. You will be part of development efforts to build, validate, and support firmware in diverse technology domains from embedded software to large-scale distributed software systems, using proprietary and open source technologies.
Why it matters
Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our software and hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customizations that will directly benefit our customers.
Why you will love it
You will work with engineers across the company to build software for the next-generation platform. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
• Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• 5+ years' experience in software development as an engineer
• 3+ years' experience with software development in C / C++, Rust, or equivalent
• Experience with the integration of hardware and software
• Experience with design and development of kernel and OS level software
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Working knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Shell,
• Experience with control systems, PLCs, ladder logic
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top