Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show.
Want to help shape how connected devices get to market faster? Join the new initiative Amazon Common Software (ACS) for Devices which launched Feb '2020 (https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices). ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa. Join us.
The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.This is a unique technical role where you will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture across multiple product and technology spaces (Alexa devices, IoT devices, etc.). You will join a team whose mission is to ensure that state-of-the-art technologies serving the customer are supported via flexible software architectures, OS and Hardware Platform abstraction, testability, and scalability across multiple device types.
You will be a technical leader who drives cross-platform build and configuration systems for target platforms across RTOS, Linux, Android and other OSes. You also contribute core framework software, such as those that manage IPC/RPC, lifecycle, event handling, security, and other architectural elements that define how modules coexist in an embedded platform.
You will dive into an ambiguous problem spaces and meticulously distill out design choices, trade-offs, and priorities. You are data and metric driven, and obsessively concerned about performance in under resource-constrained environments. You love to share best practices, influence and align teams, and be a technical ambassador for software reuse across the wider Amazon organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 7+ years of experience in software development in C/C++, 3+ years with C-coding
• Experience with Python
• 2+ years designing a cross platform build, package generation , tools and release system that is in use, and experience with commonly used systems (e.g. cmake, make)
• 2+ years Embedded systems experience
• 1+ years of experience writing software for a MCU RTOS based device
• 1+ years of experience in a technical team lead role
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Embedded systems experience with focus on Linux or RTOS
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• A track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory and CPU
• Experience working across multiple engineering teams to drive software designs
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Experience in submitting and managing open source software is a plus
• Work experience depth with OS framework concepts: IDLs (interface description languages), code generation for lifecycle, event handling, messaging.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.