Software Development Engineer
- Austin, TX
With Alexa becoming increasingly pervasive in homes, offices, cars and on the go, Alexa is playing a significant role in helping our customers capture their needs in the moment. In the Alexa Shopping team, we are working passionately to enable this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customer's shopping needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI, we are transforming how customers shop in stores and online. We will intelligently help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, save them time, and experience the best value during shopping. We will ensure they always get everything they needed without forgetting anything.
What you will do: This is a high growth opportunity in a greenfield area. As a Software Development Engineer, you will work on the architecture, algorithms and systems that breathe life into this vision. You will have the opportunity to contribute or develop deep expertise in the areas of distributed systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, conversational technologies, user interfaces (including voice and natural user interfaces), data storage and data pipelines. You'll be actively encouraged to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way shopping is done across a whole spectrum of user experiences. You'll also be able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. As a Software Development Engineer, you will collaborate with multiple Product Managers and engineers from partner teams across Amazon Retail, Alexa, Speech Recognition and a Research Sciences team.
What we are looking for: We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Development Engineer to design and develop the flexible experiences, machine learning models and distributed systems that will empower making this vision a reality. An ideal candidate will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will work with a team of talented engineers. You communicate effectively with multiple development, product management, and partner teams.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Solid knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to technically lead project from design, scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Outstanding written, presentation and communication skills
Back to top