Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Would you like to be a part of a technology team that enables one of the most profitable businesses at Amazon.com?
The Amazon Payments Products team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as support Amazon's global CoBrand and Private label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. This team helps Amazon expand globally by providing platform for FX (Foreign Exchange) and enabling payments in multiple currencies. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences. We are an agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to millions of Amazon customers while having fun and filing new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you!
• BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Demonstrated the ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of project
• Demonstrated the ability to develop business-critical software using modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java
• MS or PhD is computer science or equivalent preferred
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with system architecture/design, distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong written/spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Back to top