Software Development Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Digital Software And Video Games is on a mission to build the best place on earth for consumers to buy video games and software. We have set up a new team to build a next generation platform to support our goal of becoming the best possible connection between producers and consumers of digital software and video games content.
As the lead Software Engineer on this team, you will work on architecture and design of a platform for Digital Software & Video Games marketplace. You will dive deep into Amazon e-Commerce platform technologies like Catalog, Fulfillment, Fraud Detection systems etc. to understand their architecture and drive innovation & evolution in leveraging those technologies to support our use-cases. You will work on architecture and development of many new large-scale, mission critical services to extend the capabilities of the Amazon e-Commerce platform.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (Simple Queue Service, Simple Workflow Service, S3) highly desirable
• Experience with relational (Oracle, MySql) and Nosql (Dynamo, SimpleDb) databases and ORM packages such as Hibernate
• Advanced CS degree
Back to top