eero, an Amazon Company, was the first to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to provide fast and reliable internet throughout the home. We believe customers deserve the best worry-free connectivity and smart home experience possible. To find out more about eero, please visit eero.com.
The Cloud Platform team is responsible for the backend services that serve and help orchestrate each and every eero hardware unit, every customer through our mobile apps, and every interal user and partner through web products available to them. Our cloud-based backend allows our users to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot their devices and networks from anywhere.
eero is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our Cloud Platform team. In a typical week, you will:
• Work alongside other engineers on the Cloud Platform team to design and build new services and improve existing services to handle billions of requests
• Work closely with a cross-functional team including product managers designers, as well as other engineers on the iOS, Android, Connectivity and other teams.
• Prototype, design, and build core experiences for existing and future products
• Propose, design, and review API definitions as well as technical projects that will directly impact our customers and the team's roadmap
• Both mentor and learn from engineers across the broader organization
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development, including design, implementation, testing, code reviews, and debugging.
• 2+ years of experience in a modern language such as Java, Python, Scala, Go, C++, or similar languages
• Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, software design, algorithms, maintainability, and distributed systems
• You have a deep understanding of the full development life cycle starting with feature concept to shipping of a feature
• Proficiency with JVM languages such as Java or Scala
• You can drive technical architecture discussions and help inform decisions
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and web application/API development
• Experience writing technical specifications and documentation
• Have experience with one or more of: Scala, Akka, Play framework, Postgres, or Distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.